Kalamata Olive Hummus
-1 (15 oz.) can of chickpeas, rinsed and drained
-¼ c. lemon juice (1 large lemon)
-¼ c. tahini, well stirred
-1 sm. Clove of garlic, minced
-2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
-½ tsp. Cumin
-salt to taste
-2 to 3 Tbsp. water
-½ c. kalamata olives, pitted and diced, divided
-Italian seasoning,for serving
- Blend the lemon juice and tahini for 1 minute. Scrape down the sides. Blend for 30 seconds longer.
- Add the garlic, olive oil, cumin, and salt. Blend for 30 seconds. Scrape down the sides. Blend for 30 seconds longer or until blended.
- Add ½ of the chickpeas. Blend for 1 minutes. Scrape down the sides. Blend for 2 more minutes or until thick and smooth.
- Add ¼ c. of the diced olives. Blend until combined.
- Add 2 to 3 Tbsp. of water while blending to get the perfect consistency.
- Stir in 3 Tbsp. of the diced olives.
- After tasting the hummus, add more salt if necessary.
- Serve with a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil, 1 Tbsp. diced olives, and Italian seasoning in the middle.
This hummus will last in the fridge for a week. You could also freeze the hummus for about 3 months.