I love unsweetened ice tea. Many times grocery stores will only offer unflavored unsweetened ice tea. While it’s delicious, there are times that I want something different.
This recipe combines making basic ice tea and infusing water with fruit and herbs which creates a refreshing drink.
I’ve included adding sugar or honey in the directions. If you are like me or on the Whole30, you can certainly omit the sugar or honey.
Nectarine Mint Green Tea
-5 individual glass green tea bags or 2 family sized green tea bags
-3 nectarines or peaches sliced
-5 mint leaves
-8 c. boiling water
-½ c. to 1 c. sugar or honey (omit if whole30)
- Boil the 8 cups of water.
- Add the green tea bags, sugar or honey, and torn mint leaves. Stir until the sugar or honey is dissolved.
- Allow to steep for 5 minutes.
- Remove the mint leaves and tea bags.
- Add the nectarine or peach slices.
- Allow to cool for an hour.
- Serve over ice.
Enjoy your refreshing drink while reading a good book,