This is not Whole 30 compliant because it would be considered Sex With Your Pants On type of food. Granola can cause you to want to overeat on it.
On Day 30 of my Whole 30, I made some for the next morning. I’m careful to eat only a quarter cup of it at a time so that I don’t eat too much of it.
Grain Free Granola
-1 c. raw almonds
-1 c. raw cashews
-1/3 c. raw pumpkin seeds
-1/3 c. raw sunflower seeds
-1/4 c. unsweetened coconut flakes
-1/4 c. coconut oil
-1/3 c. honey or maple syrup
-1 tsp. pure vanilla
-1/4 tsp. sea salt
-2 tsp. cinnamon
-3/4 c. freeze dried fruit (I used blueberries.)
- Preheat the oven to 275 degrees Farnheit.
- Place the almonds, cashews, and coconut in a blender or food processor. Chop until the pieces are small. You don’t want to over blend.
- Place the coconut oil, honey or maple syrup, cinnamon, and salt in a pot. Heat over medium high heat for about 3 minutes.
- Remove the pot from the heat. Add the vanilla. Stir until combined.
- Place the almonds, cashews, coconut, pumpkin seeds, and sunflower seeds in a large bowl. Stir until combined.
- Pour the coconut oil mixture over the almond mixture. Stir to coat all of the mixture with the coconut oil mixture.
- Spread the granola mixture onto a baking sheet that has been lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Remove from the oven. Add the freeze dried fruit.
- Once cooled, place the granola in an airtight container.
- Enjoy over a nondairy yogurt, with coconut milk, or by itself.