Bacon, Spinach, Mushroom, and Onion Oven Frittata
-1 & 1/3 c. coconut milk *
-6 slices of bacon **
-1 large onion or 1 small onion, peeled and diced
-8 oz. of mushrooms, sliced
-2 c. spinach
-1 tsp. dried thyme
-salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9 inch pie dish with extra olive oil or coconut oil.
- Cook the bacon on medium high heat until crispy. Remove the bacon. Place on a paper towel lined plate.
- Add the onion to the skillet. Cook the onion for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms to the skillet and dried thyme. Cook the mushrooms for 5 minutes.
- Add the spinach to the skillet. Allow to wilt for about 2 minutes. Remove from the heat.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the the eggs and coconut milk. Mix until combined.
- Pour the veggies into the pie pan. Then pour the egg – coconut milk over the veggies. Crumble the bacon over the egg mixture.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45 to 50 minutes or until the filling is set.
*Make sure the coconut milk is Whole30 compliant.
**Make sure the bacon is Whole30 compliant.